Do you want to upload videos to Google Drive from your iPhone? If yes, you have landed on the right webpage. In today’s article, we are going to share a few methods that you can follow to upload videos to Google Drive from iPhones.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started –
How to Upload a Video to Google Drive from iPhone using Google Drive app
- Launch the application. If it asks you to log in, use your Google account credentials.
- On the homepage, you will see the Plus (+) sign. Tap on it.
- An on-screen pop-up will appear. Select the Upload option from the pop-up menu.
- Next, you have to select the Photos and Videos option.
- It will open the file browser on your smartphone. Here you have to locate the video you want to upload to Google Drive.
- Once you select the video, the upload button will appear. Tap on it.
That’s it. Within a few seconds, Google Drive will start processing your video, and soon after that, the video uploading process will initiate. The total upload time for the video depends on the size of the video and your internet speed.
While it is an easy-to-follow method, there is another faster way to upload your video files to Google Drive directly from your iPhone’s gallery. For this, you need to have the Google Drive app installed on your smartphone.
How to Upload a Video to Google Drive from iPhone Gallery
Here is how you can upload your video to Google Drive directly from your iPhone’s gallery or file manager –
- Open the gallery on your iPhone and open the video file you want to upload to Google Drive.
- At the bottom left corner, you will see the Share button. Tap on it.
- Here, you will see a bunch of social media apps and other applications. You have to tap on the Google Drive icon.
- After that, you have to tap on the My Drive option.
- In the next step, you will be asked to select the folder where you want that video to be uploaded.
- Once you select the folder, the Save Here option will be enabled. Tap on it.
- Lastly, you have to tap on the Upload option.
That’s it. Doing this will initiate the uploading process of your video. Again, the entire upload process can take a few minutes, depending on your internet speed and the size of the video.
How to Upload a Video to Google Drive on iPhone using the Google Drive Desktop Version
The methods mentioned above are great, but what if you want to upload just one video to your Google Drive? Even though having the Google Drive app on iPhone can offer you a lot of great benefits, installing the Google Drive application is a bit lengthy and time-consuming process for a single video.
In that situation, you can use Google Drive’s web application to upload your video to Google Drive. Here is how you can do that –
- First of all, go to drive.google.com on Safari or any other web browser.
- It may ask you to log in. if it asks, use your Google credentials to log in to Google Drive.
- Once you are logged in, you have to tap on the Hamburger icon located at the top left corner of your screen.
- After that, you have to tap on the Desktop version option. It will open the Google Drive desktop version for you.
- Here, you have to click on the Plus (+) New option from the left sidebar.
- From the drop-down menu, select the File upload option.
- It may ask for a few permissions that you need to allow. After that, it will open your file manager.
- Here, you have to locate the video file and tap on it.
That’s it. This will initiate the video uploading process, and your video will be uploaded to your Google Drive within a couple of minutes.
Bonus Method – How to Upload Videos to Google Drive from iPhone using the Google Photos application
Even though the manual upload process works great, it has some downsides and is not that convenient. This is the reason Google offers a separate application named Google Photos that automatically syncs and backups your smartphone’s videos and images to Google Drive storage.
The only catch here is that these photos and videos will not be visible on the Google Drive application or drive.google.com. If you want to access these videos, you can visit photos.google.com or install the Google Photos application.
I highly recommend this technique over the manual method, especially when you will not invite others to collaborate on these videos.
That said, here is the step-by-step guide on how to upload videos to Google Drive using Google Photos.
- First of all, you have to make sure that Google Photos is installed on your iPhone. If it isn’t installed on your iPhone, you have to go to the iOS App Store and download and install Google Photos.
- Once the app is installed, launch it.
- It will ask for a few permissions, such as permission to allow Google Photos access to all your iPhone photos. You have to allow these permissions.
- After that, it will ask you to log in. You have to log in using your Google account credentials.
- Now, you have to navigate to the Photos settings and tap on the Backup & sync option.
- You have to turn on the toggle of the Backup & sync option.
That’s it. This will enable the auto-upload of all your photos and videos to Google Photos. The only problem with this method is that it will back up every photo and video on your iPhone gallery. If you only want to upload a specific video, this method certainly might not be a good choice.
There you have it – a detailed article on how to upload a video to Google Drive from an iPhone.
Even though there are so many possible ways to upload a video file to your Google Drive, we recommend you to follow the method that uses the Google Drive iOS application. The only reason to recommend this method is that it is quite simple and easy to execute.
However, if you want to back up all your camera images and videos, we recommend you use the Google Photos method. Google Photos method is perfect for backup camera images and videos. Alternatively, you can use the Google Drive web application as well, but that method gets a bit confusing for non-techy users.
You may like the following google drive tutorials:
- How to Stop Google Drive Upload for PC and Smartphones
- Google Drive not Uploading from Phone Error
- How to Upload Voice Memos to Google Drive
- Google Drive Upload Failure 38
- How do you upload a pdf to Google Drive?
- How to Rename Multiple Files On Google Drive
Shirley is a Content Creator. She has been in the industry for over 6 years now and has written on plathora of niches for different websites & blogs for various clients in the United States. She is here to bring you her expertise on Google Drive and help you understand more. Also, Shirley hopes to add meaning to what people read every day through her Google Drive tips and tricks.