Ask anyone; they will tell you Google Drive is the best platform to share large videos with people over the internet. Even not just video, you can use Google Drive to share almost all types of files with other users over the internet. However, in this article, I will discuss how to share videos on Google drive.
Sharing files using Google Drive is extremely easy as you can choose the level of authority you want over your file. As well as Google Drive supports cross-platform sharing.
So no matter what device the other person is using, they will still be able to access Google Drive and download or watch your videos online.
But in case you are a first-time user of Google Drive or a complete newbie in sharing videos online. Then let me just go ahead and talk about all the steps you have to follow to share videos on Google Drive.
So here we go:
No, there are absolutely no limitations on sharing videos on Google Drive. Instead, Google Drive offers you the easiest way to share videos with anyone online.
It lets you share videos with your consent only. Like, you are allowed to share your videos with a single person, a group of people. Or you can just create a share link and share it with whoever you wish to.
You can also choose between permitting people to access your folders and files. So without your permission, no one can really see what content you have in your Google Drive.
Also, the coolest part is that you can even transfer your file ownership to anyone with their consent. However, I will talk about all of these permissions as we head further in the article.
Google Drive Sharing and Permission Explained
If a person is in your Google contacts, then you can share your videos with them pretty quickly. Simply enter their name in the available options, and they will get notified by email.
Google Drive lets you share files via a link. So if someone isn’t on your contact lists, then you can simply generate a sharing link and share it with them through messaging apps or emails. And the other person will be able to access the file via that link.
3. Publish files to the Internet
You can also share your videos using different tools like Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms. Or you can simply embed the link to any website. So people from anywhere can click on the link and access your video.
Types Of Permission
1. Can Edit
This is the default permission when you share your files with your contacts using the first method mentioned above. This means the other person can access the file and edit it. Also, they will be able to share the file with other users. In case if you have shared a folder, then they can organize, add and edit permissions.
2. Can View
With this permission, the other users will only be able to view the file. But they will not have any permissions to edit the file. Instead, they can only open and view the files inside the folder and not make any changes. Also, they won’t be able to share the file with others.
3. Can Comment
This permission is only applicable to the files. Also, it is the modified version of the view permissions. As a result, other users will be able to view and comment on your file. But they will not be able to edit the file or share it with other users.
You may like, How To Password Protect Google Drive Folder
If you have been facing errors or all of this might be new to you, the steps mentioned below will guide you to share videos on Google Drive from a computer.
- At first, launch your preferred web browser and log in to your Google Drive.
- Then, from the sidebar, click on New and select File Upload.
- Now select the video that you wish to share and let it get uploaded to the drive.
- Once the video is uploaded, locate it on Google Drive.
- Next, right-click on the file and select the share option.
- Now, under the people section, enter the email address or the name of the person you want to share your file with.
- Also, click on the drop-down menu next to it to select your preferred permission and click on send to share the file.
- Alternatively, you can click on the copy link option to generate a video sharing link. Or you can click on the change button to set your desired permission.
Here is a detailed guide on how to share videos on Google Drive from Mobile. Simply download the app and follow the steps here.
- First of all, launch the Google Drive app from your Android or iOS device.
- Then tap on the Plus icon and select upload.
- Now select the video that you want to share and upload it.
- After uploading the video, locate the file and tap on the three dots icon next to it.
- Next, go to Share and type down the email address of the person. Also, you can select permission by tapping on the button next to it.
- Alternatively, you can go back to your Google Drive and tap on the three dots icon, and tap on “Manage people and links” to enable link sharing.
- Then tap on the copy link to share the file with anyone you wish to.
- Also, to edit permissions go to Share and tap on the share button, and set your desired authorization.
By now, you already know how to share videos on Google Drive, what are the Google Drive permissions, and sharing limit.
But before you leave this page, let me share some tips that will help you share videos effectively on Google Drive.
So read on:
You can share a single file with many users. There is no need to create multiple sharing links to share a single file.
If you want to share your video with 50 people, you can create a sharing link and share it with all of those users. Alternatively, you can put all the 50 email IDs and share the video with them at once.
However, if you want to set different permissions for different users, then you will need to share the video individually.
You cannot only share a video with others instead, but you can also share a whole folder. So if you have a folder containing lots of videos, then consider sharing the folder instead.
Also, by sharing a folder, you will be able to collaborate with other users by setting up different permissions. Or you can set the “can view” permission and let anyone see your folder contents.
3. Changing Ownership
You can also change your file’s Ownership and make someone else the owner of the video file. To do so, you can follow these steps:
- At first, click on the share button.
- Then click on invite people and type the email address of the person whom you want to make the new owner.
- Next, click on share and save.
- After that, click on the advanced option in the sharing box.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, choose the ‘make owner’ option.
- Finally, save the settings to change Ownership.
You may like the following Google Drive articles
- How to Upload a Folder to Google Drive on Android
- How to Block Someone on Google Drive
- Download quota exceeded google drive
- How to Secure Google Drive?
So that was the answer to your how to share videos on Google Drive question. Now go ahead and check the steps out and see if they are working for you or not. If you do face any issues while sharing videos on Google Drive, do feel free to comment below.
Kanika Modi is a Content Creator. She has been in the industry for over 6 years now and have written on plathora of niches for different websites & blogs. She is here to bring you her expertise on Google Drive and help you understand more. Also, Kanika hopes to add meaning to what people read everyday through her Google Drive tips and tricks.