Are you wondering how to share Google Drive links on WhatsApp? It’s very much easy to share the links if you read this article fully.
WhatsApp is a cross-platform centralized not only for instant messaging but also allows you to share files and documents. However, you may find it difficult to share large files. In this case, using Google Drive links to share large files is the ideal solution.
Let’s dive deep into this article to know how to share Google Drive links in Google Drive, how to share Google Drive links without access, and how to share Google Drive links to upload files.
Even though Google Drive allows you to share documents, you might find an issue on WhatsApp when you send large files. The maximum size of the file that you can share through WhatsApp is 100 MB. You can share any file greater than this limit on WhatsApp.
One of the best tricks to send large files on WhatsApp is uploading large files and sharing the Google Drive links on WhatsApp.
If you’ve tried sending a larger file on WhatsApp but failed, then you obviously have to use Google Drive to share files on WhatsApp.
A third-party cloud service like Google Drive allows you to upload and share files in any format, such as audio, videos, etc., and then share them with anyone in WhatsApp using the Google Drive link.
To share Google Drive links in WhatsApp, follow the below steps.’
Step 1:To send big files on WhatsApp you need to first download and install Google Drive on your phone from the play store.
Step 2: Sign in to your Google account and click on the ‘+’ icon on the home screen. From the list of options, tap on ‘Upload‘.
Step 3: Choose the audio, video, or image file you want to upload from the screen. You can also choose the folder in which you want to upload the file. Once your file is uploaded on Google Drive, a pop message will be displayed stating “Uploaded successfully”.
Step 4: Now, tap on the three-dot menu beside that file, and from the list of options that appears, select the ‘Copy Link‘ option. The link to your Google Drive file is now copied to the phone’s clipboard.
Step 5: Now open WhatsApp on your phone and go to the chat of that person with whom you want to share the Google Drive link on WhatsApp. In the text field, paste the Google Drive link and send. The shared Google drive link allows your person to see the file and even download it.
If you wish to share the links without access, then you’ve to use Google Drive on your computer and then share using WhatsApp web. Follow the below steps to share the Google Drive links without access.
- Open Google Drive on your computer and sign in to your account.
- Navigate to the left corner of the window and click on the ‘+’ icon followed by “File upload”.
- Select the file you want to upload and share its link on WhatsApp. Once uploaded, right-click on the file and select ‘Share’.
- From the window that opens, You can see the ‘Anyone with link’ option to the left of the “get link” option. Enabling the ‘Anyone with link’ option allows you to share Google Drive folders and their files non-Gmail users.
- Click on it and from the viewer dropdown option, choose ‘Restricted’ and copy the link. This will restrict the access to the Google Drive shared link to be shared on WhatsApp.
- Now open WhatsApp web in the browser. Ensure that you’ve enabled internet connection in your mobile.
- Now open the chat you want to share the Google Drive link and paste the copied link. Click on the ‘Send’ button to share.
Woo! You’ve just learned very easy hacks to share Google Drive links on WhatsApp. Try to sent large files on WhatsApp using Google Drive links!
- How do you add a Password to Google Drive?
- Store passwords in Google Drive- Is it Safe?
- How do I Find Folders in Google Drive
- Can a Google Drive link be Dangerous?
- How To See Folder Size In Google Drive?
- Enable Offline Editing in Google Drive
- How to Upload Audio Files to Google Drive
- Best Google Drive Alternatives
I have a small business in Florida, USA and for my business, I use popular Google products like Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Spreadsheet, etc. So, I thought of sharing my expertise on Google Drive through these Google Drive tutorials. Enjoy the Google Drive Tips and Tricks.