As a google drive user, I have tons of files on my mobile device that I upload to my Google Drive but there is also a limit to the number or size of files I can upload to Google Drive in a day. Google Drive gives its users a free space of 15GB for storing files, Gmail, and Google photos. But if you should exhaust your free storage space you can upgrade your storage space. For this, you need to buy the space on Google Drive or you can simply clear up some space for a faster file upload.
Uploading files to Google Drive is easy, quick, and simple. However, Google Drive also has a limit on the size of files that can be uploaded in a day. No matter how spacious your storage space is, every google drive user is allowed to upload a maximum of 750GB worth of data upload per day. Once you have reached your daily upload limit, there is not much you can do again. Furthermore, you can simply pause and continue again the next day.
Uploading your large files on Google Drive is an easy task, I believe anyone can freely do. But if you are still finding it difficult you can simply follow the easy steps using your devices.
How to Send Large Files via Google Drive using an Android Device
As Android users keep increasing, Android also keeps expanding its features to help its user’s work life.
Here are a few simple steps you can follow to send large via Google Drive using your Android device
- On your Android device, open your Google Drive app, if you don’t have the app you can simply go to the Android app store to download and install the Google Drive app. When you are done installing it, sign in with your Google account information.
- When the app is open, tap on the big plus sign at the bottom left.
- A menu will appear, tap on ‘upload’
- A list of all your files will appear, then long-press on a file to make a selection of other files you want to upload to Google Drive.
Done, you have successfully added your large files to Google Drive.
How to Send Large Files via Google Drive using an iPhone
Google Drive is one of the popular cloud storage used by almost all smartphone users to store, edit and share files.
Here are few easy steps to send large files via Google Drive using an iPhone
- On your iPhone device, open your Google Drive app if you are yet to download the app you can simply go to the Apple app store to download and install the app. When you have downloaded the app, launch it and sign in with your correct google account address
- On the Google Drive app, tap on the big plus icon at the bottom right
- Tap on ‘upload’.
- A list of all your files will appear, now choose the large files or long-press in a file to make multiple selections of files. while your files are uploading, leave your phone on and try not to multi-task so that your upload can be fast
Done so easily, you have successfully uploaded your large files to Google Drive.
How to Send Large Files via Google Drive using a PC
With your PC you can quickly upload your large files via Google Drive.
To upload your large files via Google Drive, here are simple step-by-step instructions you can follow
- On your PC, open your google drive app or simply navigate to the google website https://google.drive.com and sign in with your Google account address
- Click on the ‘create’ icon
- Click on ‘upload file’.
- When you have clicked on the upload, a list of all your files will appear, then right-click on the files you wish to upload via Google Drive
Done, your file has been successfully uploaded to Google Drive.
How to Send Large Files via Google Drive using a MacBook
Using google drive on a MacBook is as easy as using it on a PC. With your MacBook, you can view, edit and share your files stored on Google Drive anytime at anywhere.
To upload your large files via Google Drive using your MacBook, follow the following easy steps below.
- On your MacBook device, open your Google Drive app or simply navigate to the google website https://google.drive.com and sign in with your Google account address
- When you have signed in to your Google account, click on the new icon at the top left
- Then, click on ‘upload file’ a list of all your files will appear.
- When your file list has appeared, right-click on the file you wish to upload.
Note that; large files take time before they upload so to make your file upload fast, check your network connection and make sure you have enough space in your Google storage, and also make sure your device is on while your file uploads.
And that’s it, your large files have been successfully added to Google Drive and can be accessed anytime at anywhere even while on the go.
How to Send Large Files via Google Drive using an iPad
Since iPad and iPhone operates on the same operating system, therefore they both have the same features and can also follow the same procedures in uploading large files to Google Drive
Still, confused with how to upload large files to Google Drive with your iPad? Here are a few easy to learn step by step instructions you can follow
- On your iPad device, open your Google Drive app. If you don’t have the app, you can go to your device’s Apple app store to download and install the app. When you have installed it, launch the app and sign in with your Google account information.
- Tap on the big plus icon at the bottom left
- Tap on ‘upload’
- Select the file you wish to upload
Wasn’t that simple and easy. Your large files have been successfully added to Google Drive.
- How to Secure Google Drive?
- Download quota exceeded google drive
- How to Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive
- Error Creating Copy Google Drive
- How do I save files to my phone from Google Drive?
I have a small business in Florida, USA and for my business, I use popular Google products like Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Spreadsheet, etc. So, I thought of sharing my expertise on Google Drive through these Google Drive tutorials. Enjoy the Google Drive Tips and Tricks.