Google Drive allows you to do lots of things on your mobile devices. You can store your files, encrypt, view, and edit your documents and also search your folders, etc. Moreover, you can also create new folders, create a document and a presentation using Google docs and save them in Google Drive.
For quick and easy access to your files or documents, you can simply search your Google Drive for any specific document you are looking for. You can search for the document by the name given for it.
Here are a few steps you can follow to search your Google Drive on any device.
How to Search Google Drive using an Android Device
Using an Android device to search for a document in Google Drive is so easy and fast.
You can search your Google Drive on your Android phone by following these few easy steps.
- Turn on your Android device and open the Google Drive app.
- Some Android phones come with Google Drive already preinstalled on the device. However, if you don’t have the app you can quickly go to the Google app store on your phone to download and install it.
- When you are done installing the app, launch it and sign in with your Google account information.
- At the top of your phone screen, you will see ‘search in Drive‘ click on it.
- Type in the name of the file or document you are looking for.
- Then on your phone keyboard tap on the search icon to find the document.
Done, so easy and simple you don’t have to go through the stress of scrolling up and down looking for a particular document.
How to Search Google Drive using a PC
Searching for documents on Google Drive has made it so easy. You can easily find the document that you are looking for. Using a PC to search for a document, file, or folder on Google Drive is super quick.
You don’t have to go through the hassle of sorting documents. I can say that’s another added valuable advantage of using the Google Drive app.
Searching for a document in Google Drive using a PC invokes the following steps
- On your PC, open the Google Drive app. Or simply navigate to the Google website and sign in with your Google account address.
- At top of your PC screen click on ‘search in drive’.
- Type in a word or the name which you used to store the document.
- When you are done typing in the name of the document, then press ‘enter’ on your PC’s keyboard to find the specific document you are looking for.
That was easy, right? You can go ahead to search for your important documents anywhere you are.
How to Search Google Drive using an iPhone
iPhone is one of the most powerful personal devices. It also supports the use of the Google Drive app for storing, editing, encrypting, and also searching for documents.
Using your iPhone to search for documents on the Google Drive app is quick. Since there are tons of documents stored, you should search your Google Drive to quickly find the document you are looking for.
Here are a few easy and quick steps to search your Google Drive using an iPhone.
- On your iPhone, tap on the Google Drive app to open. If you don’t have the app on your phone, you can go to the Apple app store to download and install the app. Launch the app and sign in with your Google Account information.
- At the top, click on ‘search google drive’.
- Type in the name of the document or folder you are looking for.
- When you are done typing in the name, tap on the search icon on your iPhone keyboard to search for the document or folder.
I bet that was pretty easy, you can search and access your documents and folders in Google Drive anytime at anywhere.
How to Search Google Drive using a MacBook
Using a MacBook to search for a document or folder is as easy as using a PC on Google Drive
To search for a document it folder on google drive, here are a few step-by-step instructions you can follow.
- On your Macbook, open the Google Drive app if you already have it installed on your device, or can also go to the Google website and sign in with your Google account information.
- Click on ‘search in google’.
- Type in the name of the document or folder you are looking for
- When the name of the document has been typed in, tap on ‘enter’ on your MacBook keyboard for Google to find the document or folder.
As easy as that, no more going through the frustration of looking for a document from the tons of documents stored.
How to Search Google Drive using an iPad
Using Google Drive to search for files on an iPad is so easy and can be done by anyone that knows how to operate a mobile device.
Here are a few easy and quick steps you can follow to search for your different files and folders on Google Drive using an iPad
- On your iPad device, tap on the Google Drive app to open and sign in with Google account information.
- At the top of the screen, click on ‘Search Google Drive’.
- Now, type in the name you used to save your document or folder.
- When you have typed in the name, you click on the search icon on your iPad keyboard to find the document or folder you wish to find.
Done, finding your documents has been made easy using Google Drive search.
- How to get Google Drive icon on Taskbar
- Unzip Files on Google Drive on Desktop and Smartphone
- How to get unlimited Google Drive storage
- How to make a graph on Google Drive
- Google Drive vs Dropbox
- How to Move Photos from Google Photos to Google Drive
- Google Drive Vs Box
I have a small business in Florida, USA and for my business, I use popular Google products like Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Spreadsheet, etc. So, I thought of sharing my expertise on Google Drive through these Google Drive tutorials. Enjoy the Google Drive Tips and Tricks.