Why only stick with uploading and sharing files to your Google Drive Account? There is a lot more you can do with the cloud storage platform that you might not be not aware of. So, we kept looking for more and created a guide that will help you to save emails to Google Drive and you can then access those important emails whenever you want.
Now, the question is why would anyone want to do such a thing? Well, the answer is pretty simple. You cannot always have access to some of the most important emails from among the thousands of them already up there. Hence, you can simply follow the steps we have mentioned that will help you to move all these emails to Google Drive very easily.
Let us get straight to the method you have to take into account.
How to Save Emails to Google Drive
We will be checking out the method to save emails to Google Drive through your browser. You can pick up any browser you are comfortable with since it does not affect the process here. Here we are using the chrome browser.
- Open a new tab on your browser.
- Go to Gmail and log in to your account.
- Now, open any email you wish to move or save.
- Click on the Printer icon in the top-right corner.
- Wait for the system to create a preview.
- Now, tap on the drop-down menu beside Destination.
- Tap on More and click on Save to Google Drive.
- Now, click on Print.
Wait for the process to complete and then you can check your Google Drive if you have the emails saved. The only disadvantage here is that you can only save these emails as a media file and no other format is available.
How to Save Emails to Google Drive using Chrome Extensions
Not a lot of users talk about how you can save emails to Google drive using certain extensions offered by Google Chrome. There are multiple such extensions available on the web that will help you make this happen.
We will be discussing how you can use them step by step for easier access to all your emails.
1. Save to Google Drive
The first one we will be taking up is the official tool provided by Google Drive. Save to Google Drive is a multipurpose app that not only will help you save your email ID to your cloud storage platform but also ensures that you can save other webpages, hyperlinks, media, and more to Google Drive.
Here is how you can add the extension to your browser and also set up the process to add your mails to Google Drive directly.
- Open the Save to Google Drive Chrome Extension page.
- Now, click on Add to Chrome.
- On the next window, tap on Add Extension.
- Now, click on the Puzzle Icon to open extensions.
- Tap on the Pin icon to pin the extension on your tab.
This process is only meant to add an extension to your Chrome tab. You can do the same for other extensions as well that we will be discussing. Let us learn how you can use this extension.
- Open your Gmail Account and select a mail to save.
- Now, go to the Google Drive icon on the top-right corner of the browser.
As soon as you tap on it, your mail will be saved to your cloud platform as a png file that you can access at any time from any device.
2. Save Emails to Google Drive by cloudHQ
Another extension you can use is provided by cloudHQ. This is a super handy tool that allows you to save emails to Google Drive with just a single click.
As soon as you add the extension to Chrome, the icons will start showing up on your Gmail account itself. Here is how you can use it.
- Add the extension to your Chrome Browser.
- Now, Click on the Download icon on the menu bar above the emails.
- Log in to your Google Account and select the folder you wish to save the emails.
- Select the options on the dashboard.
- Tap on Save.
You will then receive a notification on your screen as soon as you click on save. This will immediately save all the emails you had selected in the format on your Google Drive.
How to Save Multiple Emails to Google Drive
If you are tired of choosing a single email to upload to Google Drive over and over again. You can choose the extension by cloudHQ to save multiple emails at once. Here is how you can do it.
- Open a Gmail account on your browser.
- Now, select multiple emails from your inbox.
- Click on the Drive icon at the top of these emails.
- You can now select the options from the list given.
- Click on Save Selected Conversations to Google Drive.
This will immediately save all the emails you have selected in the PDF format on your Drive. You can keep repeating the process and add as many emails as you wish to.
Here is all you need to know to save emails to Google Drive. You can either do it directly or choose among the best extensions we have used above. They do serve multiple purposes and are perfect for long-term usage. From adding a single email to choosing multiple at once, you can do it all. The tools are free of cost and save you a lot of time.
Furthermore, make sure you add the extension the same way we have mentioned above. Follow the link and click on add to extension and you are done. If at all you are unable to follow the process or the tools are not working for you. Let us know in the comment section below and we will get back to you with the best possible answers and solutions we have.
You may like the following Google Drive articles:
- How to Find and Remove Duplicate Files on Google Drive
- Cannot Download File from Version History on Google Drive
- How to Clear Cache in Google Drive
- Google Drive Shared Folder Space
- How to Share Videos on Google Drive
- Google Drive Error Accessing Folder Contents
- Unsupported File Type Error in Google Drive
Shirley is a Content Creator. She has been in the industry for over 6 years now and has written on plathora of niches for different websites & blogs for various clients in the United States. She is here to bring you her expertise on Google Drive and help you understand more. Also, Shirley hopes to add meaning to what people read every day through her Google Drive tips and tricks.