Are you wondering how you can save Google Drive video to your iPhone device? If yes, then you have stumbled upon the right page. In today’s article, I will share some popular methods that can help you learn how to save a Google Drive video to iPhone devices.
Google Drive is a well-known and highly regarded file storage and synchronization service, especially for smartphones. It offers a free 15 GB cloud storage with a Google account, and if you want more space, you can upgrade your plans.
It allows an easy way to transfer and share your files between smartphones, tablets, or computers. However, some people face issues downloading Google Drive videos to iPhone and iPad devices. Therefore, we decided to share an easy guide to help such people.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started-
How to Download a Google Drive video to iPhone?
Downloading Google Drive videos to iPhone or iPad devices is not difficult at all. Some people face issues like this because the process to save a Google Drive video to iOS devices is a bit different than regular video downloading from the internet.
But you don’t have to worry because here I am going to share two different methods that you can follow to download Google Drive video to iPhone or other iOS devices.
In the very first method, we will demonstrate how you can download a video file from Google Drive to iPhone using the Google Drive app.
How to save a Google Drive video to iPhone using the Google Drive app
If you have Google Drive installed on your smartphone, then this is hands down going to be the best technique for you to download videos, photos, or any other files from Google Drive storage.
All you have to do is follow these simple steps-
- First of all, make sure you have the latest version of the Google Drive app installed on your iPhone device. For that, you can go to the App Store and check whether any updates are available for the Google Drive app.
- Now, open Google Drive and go to the video file folder.
- Tap on the More icon (three dots) associated with your video file.
- A menu will pop up with a couple of options, and here you have to tap on the “Send a copy” option.
- It will show you all the available apps that you can use to share this video file. However, to download your video file, you have to tap on the “Save Video” option.
That’s it. It will start exporting the video file, and after that, you can find your video file on your camera roll.
You can also make your video file offline without saving it to your camera roll, and for that, you just have to toggle the “Available Offline” option from the menu.
By doing this, you will be able to access your video file without an internet connection, but the video file cannot be accessed through Gallery or Camera Roll. You have to open Google Drive to access the video file.
However, it is not the only method to download Google Drive videos to iPhone or iPad devices. You can download Google Drive videos without even having the Google Drive app installed on your smartphone.
How to download a Google Drive video to iPhone without the app
This is an alternate method that you can follow to download Google Drive photos, videos or any other file to your iPhone device without having the Google Drive app installed on your phone.
For that, you have to follow these simple steps-
- First of all, you have to open a web browser on your iPhone.
- Now, you have to go to accounts.google.com and sign in to your Google account.
- After that, you have to go to drive.google.com, and here you have to find the video file that you want to download.
- Now, on the top right corner, you will see a download icon. Tap on that, and it will begin the downloading process.
Boom! Within a few seconds, you will be prompted to confirm where to save the file. Select the one that you prefer, and the download will get started within a few seconds.
Besides video files, these techniques can help you download Google Drive files from different formats such as MP3, PDF, IMG, and others as well.
You may like the following Google Drive tutorials:
- How to Rotate a PDF in Google Drive
- HTTP Error 403 on Google Drive
- How do I make Google Drive downloadable?
- Empty Trash in Google Drive
- How to Check Who Downloaded Files in Google Drive
There you have it a step-by-step guide that can help you download Google Drive video to iPhone.
Do note that if somebody has shared a Google Drive video with you and the guides mentioned above are not helping you download that video file, then that must be because the owner of that file has restricted downloading. In that case, you can ask the owner to change file permissions.
With that said, here I am wrapping it up. I hope this article helped you learn how to save a Google Drive video to iPhone or iPad devices. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot them in the comment section below. Our team will try to reply to all your comments ASAP.
Shirley is a Content Creator. She has been in the industry for over 6 years now and has written on plathora of niches for different websites & blogs for various clients in the United States. She is here to bring you her expertise on Google Drive and help you understand more. Also, Shirley hopes to add meaning to what people read every day through her Google Drive tips and tricks.