When you open your Google Drive activity panel, you will see everything that you have recently edited. The information includes shared and created files. You can remove any file that you don’t want to be displayed on the recent activity panel from this point.
Understanding Activity on Google Drive: The Activity pane offers the user all the information on a recent file. For example, it will show when the edits were done, by whom, and the changes on the file if it’s a shared file.
How You Can View Recent Activity on Google Drive on PC
Here are certain methods you can follow to view recent activity on Google Drive to keep track of everything.
- From your computer, open your browser and go to drive.google.com.
- When the page opens, click “My Drive” on the left side of the screen.
- And then Click Recent.
You can now see the recent activity on your Google Drive.
How Can I Delete My Activity on Google Drive?
Repeat the process above for viewing recent Google Drive files. Once you open the recent Drive activities, here is what you can do further.
- Click on the ‘Info’ icon on the right side of your Google Drive screen.
- You can see two panes — Details and Activity.
- Click on ‘Activity‘ to see recent changes.
- To check activity on a specific file, click on the folder.
- Scrolling down enables you to see older changes from different or specific files.
- To delete activity, right-click on the folder name and scroll down to ‘remove.’
- It has a bin/trash icon
The file will be moved to the bin.
How to Permanently Delete Recent Activity on PC
Removing files from the recent activity will only delete the file from the activity pane, but it doesn’t delete the file from Google Drive. Therefore, the deleted file will still show up in your recent activity.
But if you wish to remove the file/folder from Google drive permanently, you can do so.
Steps to follow
- From your computer, go to your Google Account.
- It is easier if you jump directly to the activity page by opening your browser and entering drive.google.com
- On the left side of the Google Drive pane, scroll down to ‘Bin.’
- Then select the file/folder that you wish to remove by right-clicking on it.
- You will see two options. To either Restore or Delete forever.
- Click on Delete Forever.
- Google will prompt you to Delete Forever or cancel. Click Delete Forever.
You have now successfully deleted the file permanently from Google Drive and recent activities.
How to Delete all your Google Activity Including History and Searches
Even after clearing all activity from Google Drive, there is still some data left in your Google Account. For instance, deleting your search history from your Activity, your Drive account will still show that you searched for a file, but it won’t show which file it was.
Steps to follow
- Open your Google Account from your computer.
- Click on Data and personalization at the top left side of your screen
- Under the Activity and timeline option, Click on My Activity.
- Then click on “More Option” at the top right side of your screen
- Then click Delete Activity
- Under the delete Activity option, you will see “All-time.” Click on this option.
- Finish by clicking Delete Option.
How Can I View my Recent Activity on Android Google Drive App?
It’s possible to see your Google Drive activity on your android app the same you can on your PC web browser. But, first, you have to find the file/folder you want by visiting the recent activity on Google Drive.
You can follow the process to see your recent Google drive activity on your Android app.
Steps to follow
- Open the Google Drive app on your Android phone or tablet.
- If you don’t have the app pre-installed, you can install it from the Google Play store.
- When you open Google Drive, you will see all the folders and files you have uploaded.
- On the file/folder you want to view, open by tapping it.
- Then tap on the details and activity option provided on your Google drive app.
- Scroll down the app, and you will see activity.
- Tap and view all your recent activities.
How to Delete Your Recent Activity on Google Drive Using Your Android Device
There are two ways you can achieve this goal. The first is simple.
- Open the Google Drive App from your Android device.
- You will see three dots at the top of your android device.
- Tap on the three dots, and when the page opens, choose to remove from the options available.
This action removes the file from recent only.
If you want to remove the file permanently from its location and recent activities. Follow these steps
- Open the Google Drive app on your Android device.
- At the top of recent files, you will also see three dots.
- Tap on the three dots and choose the select all option.
- Then click on the bin under the Google Drive menu.
- You will see the delete everywhere option and cancel option.
- To proceed with permanent delete, tap on the delete everywhere option.
However, there is no point in doing all this if you don’t wish to factory set your Google Drive account. Along with your Google Drive android app, a feature allows you to clear the Google drive app cache.
Note: deleting recent files and folders from the Google Drive Android app will only remove them from the activity view.
The Google Drive app is automated to show you all your recent activity on the app, including the changes done on shared folders and files.
If there are files that you wish to remove from the recent activity page, you can do so with ease. Follow these steps.
- Open the Google Drive app and choose the “more option.”
- The drop-down selection gives you choices. Tap on Activity.
- Then choose the file/folder that you wish to remove from recent activity.
- This action clears your google drive recent activity.
- Additionally, under the clear recent activity option, tap on the “more options.”
- You can follow this action by selecting don’t show in the Activity list.
- The file will be removed from all your recent Google drive activities.
Note: Deleting files from your Google Drive android app doesn’t mean that the file is permanently deleted. You can still see the file under the All-items option from the Google Drive menu if you want.
But if you wish to delete a file permanently from your recent searches, these are the
Steps to follow
- On your android device, open the Google Drive app.
- Here you will see all the folders in your Google Drive app.
- Under the drop-down menu, scroll down to the recent files option.
- From here, you will see three vertical dots. These are the more options menu.
- Here, you will see the remove option. Tap once.
- The file is automatically cleared from the recent view list and the homepage as well.
Note: Not all files can be seen from the recent file option. It means that you can choose to clear single files and folders one by one.
Using this method, you will clear recent files and folders on your Google Drive android app without any flaw. So the chances that you will delete a file you don’t wish to remove are zero.
Additionally, you can also clear recent activity from shared files and folders using your Google drive android app.
How To View Your Recent Activity on Google Drive App Using Your iOS Device?
iPhone users can also view recent activity on Google Drive via the iOS Google Drive app. The process is straightforward, and you can see your recent activity by following the below simple steps.
Steps to follow
- If you don’t have Google drive pre-installed on your iOS device, you can install it from the Apple Store.
- Once installed, tap on the Google drive icon app to open
- From the menu, you will see three vertically aligned dots. These are for more options. Tap once.
- From the drop-down options, scroll until you see Details & Activity. Tap on this option also once.
- Scroll down to the Activity option. Tap once.
The page opens to all your recent activity on google drive, including changes made on shared folders by others.
How to Delete the Recent Activity on Google Drive Using Your iOS Device
Now that you know how to view the recent activity on your Google Drive app using your iPhone or iOS tablet, you can also delete it.
By deleting your activity on Google drive, it removes the files/folders from the activity view.
Steps to follow
- Open you’re the Google Drive app on your iOS device
- Follow the process above for viewing recent files.
- Select the files that you no longer wish to see on your Google Drive Activity pane
- Tap and Hold on to the file to open the options.
- From the drop-down menu, tap on “Don’t Show in the Activity list.”
- The process is complete, and the files and folders will not show on the recent activity pane.
You may also like:
- How to Copy a Shared Folder in Google Drive
- Stop Spam in Google Drive
- What does green checkmark mean on Google Drive?
- Change Your Profile Picture on Google Drive
- How do I save files to my phone from Google Drive?
How Can I Clear my Recent History in Google drive Without Deleting the Actual Files?
Currently, there is no option in Google drive to achieve this function. However, it is noble thought that Google app developers should ponder and develop a solution. When we have more details of this option, we will update it here.
It also fixes for the below queries:
- how to remove all recent files from google drive
- google drive clear recent
- how to delete recent from google
- google drive clear recent files
- how to remove recent files from google drive app
- google drive clear recent folder
- how do you delete recent activity on google drive app
- google drive clear activity history
- how to delete activity in google drive folder
I have a small business in Florida, USA and for my business, I use popular Google products like Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Spreadsheet, etc. So, I thought of sharing my expertise on Google Drive through these Google Drive tutorials. Enjoy the Google Drive Tips and Tricks.