With over 1.2 billion users, Google drive is undoubtedly one of the most popular cloud-based storage services. Companies all over the world use Google drive to share documents and files among their employees. It is really convenient and easy to upload, share or link the files from the computer to the Google-Drive cloud.
Easy use Interface and simplicity make it the first choice of users when it comes to linking files from their own Computer or Phone to their cloud storage.
If you are someone who is facing difficulty linking their files to Google Drive; Keep on reading as we will be discussing how to Link files from workstations irrespective of OS software or hardware.
How to Link a Folder to Google Drive in Windows?
Used by the general public and employees likewise, Windows is the most used Operating system in the world. Keeping this in mind, Google drive launched their Desktop App to aid in linking(Sync) the files without any effort.
- One can use either Google’s “Backup and Sync” desktop app or third-party apps to sync the folders between the desktop and drive. But we will be only covering Google’s software in this section.
- Follow the steps below if you are using Windows Operating System to link the files between your computer and your google drive.
- Search for Google’s “Backup and Sync” software and download the desktop app for Windows.
- After the App is installed on your respective workstation, open the App through your Home page and log in through the ID that you want to link your files and folders with.
- After successfully logging into your ID, you will be presented with an option to choose what you want to link with your ID. It can be anything ranging from photos, music, documents, and even folders.
Though keep in mind that Google drive usually provided only 15GB of free storage. So if you want to sync folders having sizes more than what is available, try either upgrading your storage plan or try linking your folders to another Google Drive ID.
- At last, You will be asked whether you want to sync the Google drive to the computer. This option will allow you to sync your whole google drive or specific folders with your computer. Choose the start option, after choosing what you want to link.
- After finishing the setup, the software will create a folder in your computer which you can use to link folders or other content with your Google drive.
Google Drive does a great job when it comes to automatically sync folders and photos with your Google Drive account.
But when it comes to linking folders other than that, a problem arises since there is no functionality yet that allows Google drive to link other folders to the account.
So, If you are looking for a way to solve this problem, follow the steps below.
- Open Google drive and search for the “Auto sync for Google drive” App and download it.
- After the download is finished, open the app and provide the necessary permissions. You will be presented with the option to choose the account and the folders that you want to sync with.
- After selecting the “Connect to Google Drive”, Choose the account that you want the folders to link with.
- Choose whether you want to create a new folder or an existing one. The App will then create the folders according to your choice.
- After Setting up everything, you will be presented with the status of the linking and can choose what folders to link and what to not.
iPhone and iPad are considered to be Apple’s flagship products. It is no secret that the user interface and the functionalities are completely different from that of an android.
So, when it comes to linking folders with your Google drive, you can expect it to be a bit different too.
Follow the steps below to link your folder with your Google drive.
- Open “App Store” and search for Google Drive App, if you don’t have it already installed on your iPhone/iPad, Install it.
- After installing the app and providing all the necessary permissions, Open Google drive, By tapping on the “Files” folder on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the “Google Drive” folder option on the menu, to access the User interface.
- Tap on the “create new folder” icon from the upper section of the Drive window, give the folder a name, and tap Done from the top-right corner of the window. This will let you link your folders so that you can access them from anywhere you want.
Since its launch, Apple’s MacBook has its own defining Operation System and features. Because of the different OS, there’s generally a misconception regarding the features of the MacBook. But when it comes to link the files and folders, the steps are as easy as the ones that a windows user has to perform.
You can link folders to your google drive using a MacBook in a few easy steps. Here is the step by step instructions, which you may follow:
- Install the Google drive application if you do not already have one.
- After installing and providing the necessary permissions, click on the “Google drive” software application and log in using the ID that you want to link the folders with.
- The installer will provide you with a few tips. ( Only for users downloading the software for the first time on how to use the software.
- After everything is finished, you will be provided with an overview of your account. Thus, highlighting all of your folders and files present in the Drive.
- The Google drive menu bar provides users options to configure their Drive( i.e For linking their folders). Select the option and it will ask you to select which folders you want to link with.
- Click Done and the app will automatically start linking your folder.
You may like the following Google Drive tutorials:
- HTTP Error 403 on Google Drive – How to fix
- How to change the Google Drive folder location
- Email a document from Google Drive
- How do I make Google Drive downloadable?
- Share Google Drive Folders With Non-Gmail Users
- How to Count Files in Google Drive Folder
While Linking folders on Google drive is easy, the steps to perform a particular function may differ a bit depending upon the Device type and the Operating System. However, it is still one of the best Cloud Storage systems that are out there in the market. I hope it fixes the below issues:
- how to link desktop folder to google drive
- how to link local folder to google drive
- how to link my folder to google drive
- how to add folder to google drive link
- how to synchronize a folder with google drive
- how to create a link to a folder in google drive
I have a small business in Florida, USA and for my business, I use popular Google products like Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Spreadsheet, etc. So, I thought of sharing my expertise on Google Drive through these Google Drive tutorials. Enjoy the Google Drive Tips and Tricks.