Nowadays, all smartphones come with cloud services to let users take backup of their data. Be it an Android phone or iPhone, they have their cloud service.
In the case of the iPhone, it is iCloud which is used in all Apple devices, whereas for Android phones, there is Google Drive which is a part of Google Apps available in Android phones.
If you have an Android phone, then you may have used Google Drive to upload your files and save them as a backup or share it with all of your devices.
Google Drive comes as the default option to backup and sync your data which you can later restore when you buy a new smartphone or when you reset your smartphone.
Restoring data from Google Drive is easy, and you can easily do it if you have a backup of your data on your device.
If you are looking forward to restoring backup from Google Drive, then this article will help you with it.
In this article, we will be discussing how you can restore the backup on your Android phone.
How to Turn On Backup On Google Drive
Before you continue with restoring the backup, you need to ensure that you have backed up your data from your smartphone on Google Drive.
You should turn on backup and let your device have a complete backup of your device before you continue ahead. To turn on backup, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the Settings app on your phone.
- In the Settings app search for Backup and restore and open it.
- Here, you will see the Backup data option, tap on it.
- You will be given details of what things will be backed up. Turn on Backup by enabling the Backup by Google One toggle.
- If you want to backup your data now, then tap on Back up now.
This will take a backup of your device. You can now use this backup to restore your device whenever you reset it or even when you buy a new device.
How to Restore Backup From Google Drive
As we have already discussed how you can take backup on Google Drive which can later be used for restoring your device when you reset it or when you buy a new device. Restoring a backup from Google Drive isn’t at all difficult.
All you need is a stable internet connection and you will be able to get ahead with the process. It is recommended that you use a Wi-Fi connection to restore the backup from Google Drive on your Android phone.
To restore the backup from Google Drive while setting up your Android phone, follow the steps given below-
- On the welcome screen, you see when you set up Android, tap on Let’s Go.
- On the next screen, tap on Copy your data to restore your data.
- You will have to connect to a Wi-Fi network before you continue with setting up your device. After you are connected to the Wi-Fi network you can continue ahead.
- On the next screen, you will see several options to restore your data. Here tap on Backup from the cloud option.
- You will be asked to sign in to your Google account. Enter your Google account credentials and then tap on Sign in to login into your account. If you have set up two-factor authentication, then you will verify yourself before you can log in to your account.
- On the next page, tap on I agree to accept the Terms of Service.
- Next, you will see a list of all the things that you can restore. Select all the things that you can restore.
- After you are done backing up the things, tap on Restore to restore the backup from Google Drive.
It will take some time to restore the data, so you can continue with it in the background. While your data is being restored, you can set up your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Do I Backup My Data On Google Drive?
If you are using an Android phone, then you will have the option to sync your data to Google Drive and back it up so that you can restore it whenever you want to. We have discussed how you can backup your data on your Android phone to Google Drive in the above article. You can follow the steps above to backup your data.
2. Can I Restore Backup From Google Drive?
Yes, you can restore the backup from Google Drive on your Android phone. Google Drive is the integrated cloud service that you will find on your smartphones. As an Android user, you will have the option to backup your data and restore it from Google Drive.
3. How Can I Restore Backup Files From Google Drive?
You will be able to restore the backup from Google Drive when you are setting up your device. We have discussed the steps to restore backup files from Google Drive, so you can follow them if you want to restore your data from Google Drive.
Related Google Drive tutorials:
- How to Edit a PDF in Google Drive
- You don’t have an authorization Google Drive
- How do I save files to my phone from Google Drive?
- Error Creating Copy Google Drive
- How to Stop Spam in Google Drive
This is how you can restore the backup from Google Drive. If you are setting up a new phone or you have reset your device, then you can restore your data using Google Drive by following the steps mentioned in this article.
Following the above steps, you will be able to restore the backup from Google Drive on your Android phone without any issues.
Shirley is a Content Creator. She has been in the industry for over 6 years now and has written on plathora of niches for different websites & blogs for various clients in the United States. She is here to bring you her expertise on Google Drive and help you understand more. Also, Shirley hopes to add meaning to what people read every day through her Google Drive tips and tricks.