Every smartphone user uses Google Drive, Google docs and Microsoft word, office and excels, etc to create and edit files. I mostly use Google Docs for most of my written works. Furthermore, then save it to Google Drive where I can easily access it and edit it anytime at anywhere.
Editing your files on Google Drive is so easy. It can be done on any smartphone, PC, or iOS device without stress or any special skill. You can also view and edit your file at the same time on Google Drive
If you’re still struggling with how to edit your documents in Google Drive with your smartphone or PC, you can follow the following easy and simple steps to achieve that.
How to Edit a Document in Google Drive using an Android
With the ability to easily view and edit different documents, Google Drive has become even more powerful and useful. Editing of documents in Google Drive can also be simply done using an Android phone. Moreover, it can be done anywhere, even while on the go.
To edit your documents in Google Drive, here are few easy and quick steps you can follow;
- On your Android phone, open the Google Drive app. If you’re yet to install the app you can go to Google ‘play store’ on your Android device to download and install the app.
- Launch the app, then sign in with your Google account address.
- Tap on ‘files’ at the bottom left, a list of all your files will appear.
- Then click on any document you want to edit to open.
- Now the file is open, click on the small pencil-like icon at the bottom left.
- Now, you can go ahead to add what you want to add to your file. And when you are done editing, you can click on the good sign to save changes made.
So easy and simple, your document has been well edited saved.
How to Edit a Document in Google Drive using an iPhone
Managing your files or documents on Google Drive is so cool as it also grants you access to view and edit it anytime you want and can conveniently do that right from your iPhone device.
Here are few steps you can follow to edit your documents in Google Drive using an iPhone
- Open your Google Drive app on your iPhone or you can simply go to the Apple store to download and install the app.
- Now, launch the app and sign in with your correct Google account information.
- At the bottom left you will see ‘files’ click on it to see a list of all your files stored in Google Drive.
- Double-tap on the file you want to edit to open it.
- When the file is open, click on the small blue pencil icon to start editing.
- When you’re done, click on save to automatically save the new changes or contents.
Done, these are the easy steps to be followed to view and edit Google Drive files right from the comfort of your iPhone. All the changes made in the document in Google Drive will be automatically updated and saved.
Moreover, when you access your document on a different device or app, the newly added contents or changes will still be there.
How to Edit a Document in Google Drive using a PC and MacBook
Using a PC device to edit a document on Google Drive is also as simple as using it on an Android.
Here are a few simple steps you can follow to edit your documents in Google Drive using a PC
- On your PC, open the Google Drive app or you simply navigate to Google Drive website to sign in with your correct Gmail account information.
- Double-click on the file you wish to edit or make a right-click and choose Open With Google Docs.
- The file will now open on a separate Window for editing on Google Docs.
- Edit the document as you wish.
- All the changes are directly made to the document and saved to the Drive.
- How to Upload Large Files to Google Drive
- How To Password Protect Google Drive Folder
- Share Videos on Google Drive
- How to transfer ownership of Google Drive Files
- How to Add Google Drive to Finder
- Search Google Drive on Multiple Devices
- How to Edit a PDF in Google Drive
- How to Backup Google Drive to an External Hard Drive
Well, here we are with all the steps you need to know to edit a document in Google Drive. If you have been using this cloud storage platform long enough, you will know that all the Google Apps are integrated.
If you are looking to edit any document on Google Drive, it will directly lead you to open Google Docs. Hence make sure you download both the app on your smartphones to make things easier for you.
Even if you have to download the files as a Word file and uploaded them on Drive, all of these files will directly open on Docs from where you can make all the changes you need. If at all you are stuck anywhere, do let us know in the comment section below and we will get back to you.
I have a small business in Florida, USA and for my business, I use popular Google products like Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Spreadsheet, etc. So, I thought of sharing my expertise on Google Drive through these Google Drive tutorials. Enjoy the Google Drive Tips and Tricks.