Google Drive is one of the best cloud storage platforms you can find on the web. It is super convenient and easy to use, hence there are millions of customer base currently on the platform. But that is not the case every time and users have been experiencing multiple errors along with the way with the app as well as multiple other functions.
A lot of users have had upload errors, bugs, server errors, and so much more that can become super frustrating at times.
Hence, the best way to tackle these errors is by simply clearing the cache from the system you are currently using Google Drive on. It can be anything for example browser, your smartphone, the system you are working on, etc.
This helps eliminate any kind of bug or errors and thus fixes the issue with Google Drive.
Let us learn more about the different ways to clear cache in Google Drive.
How to Clear Cache in Google Drive on Browser
The first method we will be learning about to clear cache in Google Drive is on the internet browser you mostly work on to access the internet. The most common browser used by millions of users is Google Chrome.
You can clear the cache here by following the methods we have mentioned below.
Also, make sure that all the files you have saved offline are synced to your system and you do not lose any data.
- Open a tab on your Chrome Browser.
- Click on the three dots on the top-right corner of the tab.
- Now, go to More Tools and select Clear Browsing Data.
- Tick the boxes beside the option “Browsing History”, “Cookies and other Site Data”, and “Cached Images and Files”.
- Now, click on Clear Data.
Once you have done that, all your cached files and images will be removed from the browser for Google Drive as well as for other sites too.
How to Clear Cache in Google Drive on Android
Next up, we will be talking about ways in which we can clear the cache on an Android smartphone. You can either do it directly from the Google Docs app from its settings or through the settings from your smartphone. Here is how you can do it.
- Open Settings on your Android smartphone.
- Click on Apps and Notifications from the list.
- Now, choose Apps from the list.
- From the list, click on Drive.
- In the options, open Storage.
- Now, click on Clear Cache.
Wait for the system to clear cache and then restart the Google Drive app.
How to Clear Cache in Google Drive on iPhone
To clear cache in Google Drive on iPhone the process is slightly different from anything we have followed on Android or any other system.
You can try to clear the cache from your browser by following the steps mentioned below.
- Open Settings on our iPhone.
- Scroll down to find the Safari option in the list.
- Tap on it to access the settings.
- Now, keep scrolling and click on “Clear History and Website Data”.
- Select “Clear History and Data” on the screen.
Once you choose to clear data, all your cache, browsing history, and cookies will be deleted from the device.
How to Clear Cache in Google Drive File Stream
Google Drive File Stream is basically the desktop app you use on your system to sync files. There is always an option to uninstall the app from your system and then install it again.
However, it is not possible to do it every time and hence you can try out a method that will be helpful.
Before working on any of these processes, make sure that you have all your files saved and synced to your system. If any files are in progress, wait for them to be synced and then follow the method as mentioned.
- Tap on the Drive icon on the taskbar.
- Now, click on the gear icon on the top-right corner.
- Select Preferences.
- Again, tap on the Gear icon on the screen.
- Scroll down and check the folder of your local directory folder in your system.
Now, once you know the local of the folder, you can choose to delete the file from the system which will, in turn, clear the cache as well.
- Click on Macintosh HD from the Finder.
- Double-click on Library and then open Application Support.
- Go to Google and open the folder.
- Now, select the DriveFS folder and make a right-click.
- Select Move to Trash and delete the folder.
Once you delete the folder, the cache from Google Drive will also be deleted. Also, you will be disconnected or logged out from the app. Hence, make sure to log in before you start using the application on your system again.
Were you able to clear the cache on Google Drive from your devices? For both Android as well as on your system, the process is pretty minimal and simple. However, the same cannot be said for iOS devices. On your iPhone, you need to clear the cache on the browser individually since there are no options to do it from the app.
But before following any of the steps mentioned in the above guide, it is important that no syncing process is ongoing or you might lose the data that are not saved.
Furthermore, if you are having any issues with Google Drive, you can let us know in the comment section below and we will get back to your with every possible answer and solution we could find.
Related Google Drive articles:
- How to change Google Drive language
- Upload a Folder to Google Drive on Android
- How to Empty Trash in Google Drive
- Google Drive Vs Google Docs – Overview & Comparison
- How to Remove Access to Google Drive
Shirley is a Content Creator. She has been in the industry for over 6 years now and has written on plathora of niches for different websites & blogs for various clients in the United States. She is here to bring you her expertise on Google Drive and help you understand more. Also, Shirley hopes to add meaning to what people read every day through her Google Drive tips and tricks.